Youtube issue on H1

• @Ari YouTube is working fine for me after a simple factory reset. There is this "Smurf" or blue tint issue when watching videos on the web for me. I don't think this is a hardware problem as it has not been an issue for me in the past, and all the colours in the LED are working fine, this has been tested when running videos through HDMI. Hopefully this is some help for those whose YouTube is not working and for you. Hopefully you guys at the XGIMI team can get this fixed asap, as this is one of the biggest reason we decided to buy a smart projector. Please update us asap.

• @James Hi James,

Yes our tech team has been working on that. That's why I asked to download the " Smart Youtube TV" to use the youtube before it gets fixed. 🙂

• Hi how long should takes the upgrade?

• @balas you mean the firmware update from the link I shared? About 10 minutes.
    If you mean the update via OTA, I can't tell this for now, cause it's related to the technics, test process & certification process, we need more time for that.

• Hello @Ari

Appreceiate your help and support and hats off to you guys for caring about your customers and still releasing patches and updates. Yes Like you mentioned I reverted back to v1.5.3 and everything is working fine except for youtube for which Im using "Smart Youtube TV".
    Do you think you guys can release the sourcecode of v1.5.3 so that other developers can also work on the future upgrades? Moreover its quite an old model and only few customers are left.

• @Ari

Hi
    Youtube on our H1 projector did not work very well so We downloaded that patch you recommended. Unfortunately our projector frozen up during the upgrade.
    We were trying to reboot it from usb. I mean We kept button "play" for few second etc. Projector could see the usb and is showing message: " do not turn off..." etc but it keept freezing up every time.
    Our projector does not work at all right now. We are not able to go into the menu.
    Any advise

• @VikramBharadwaj Hi dear, happy new year.

Hmm by saying the other developers, could you please be more specific? But it since it's related to the build-in system, sorry we can't do this. 😞

The current system is AOSP, it also need the optimization on both software and hardware, not just a simple firmware update, please know we would also try our best to offer a better using experience if we can.

• @balas Hi dear,

Good day. So can you turn on the projector now if you don't do the firmware update?

Please try the firmware from the below link-it's the original 1.5.3 version.
    Then use the "Smart Youtube TV" from aptoide

• @Ari hi is working now ! I just bought new USB stick ....thanks for advise. We are happy to use it again 🙂

• @balas Great to know that, please let me know if you need any help. 🙂

• Hello. I downloaded and installed software from your link. YouTube start working, but video player on google chrome start working incorrectly!!! People skin right now is green!!!! What I need to do?

• @Ari I got a same problem!!! How i can to fix that, any another software ?

• @dimalazutin Hi dear, could you please try the "Smart Youtube TV" downloaded from aptoide?

• @Ari hello. I already installed new sw from your link!!! YouTube is work ok, but in browser video player showing incorrect picture colors! What we need to do?

• @dimalazutin Does it happen to the "Smart Youtube TV" from aptoide?

• @Ari I have the same problem as @dimalazutin.

With1.5.5 firmware update many things work better than before:

• Youtube works correctly for the first time since I bought the H1, both in the YouTube App and in the browser. (No need for Smart Youtube TV)
    • Play services auto-updated to 10.2.98
    • I was able to update chrome browser for the first time
    • Netflix and Prime Video work fine again

But:

• Streaming any other video (openload, news sites etc.) in the browser (Chrome) shows shifted colors.

Example: https://xw.qq.com/cmsid/20200109A00IKL00 on Xgimi H1 IMG_20200108_205203.jpg

For comparison, the correct display on my PC:
    08-01-2020 21-05-24.jpg

• @rdsignr Yes, the new firmware was to fix the youtube issue on H1, it's just a demo version, there might be some hiden issues, and our team would optimize it in the future update, as we are still collecting more feedback from customers.
    That's why I recommend you guys to use smart youtube tv for now, it shall be working normally, I mean, before we fix the further issues of youtube on H1.

• @Ari Thanks for your reply, but I think you misunderstood:

a) YouTube is fixed in the 1.5.5 version, so Smart YouTube TV is no longer needed.

b) Instead, streaming video in the browser (not YouTube) is now broken. Smart YouTube TV is not a solution for this.

Please see the link I provided above (it is unrelated to YouTube) to demonstrate the problem.

• @rdsignr Yes its a known issue, I have already reported the blue tint issue and the same has been faced by many other users as well. @Ari said they are working on the issue and will release a new ROM soon.

• @rdsignr 👍🏼 , thank you for example

Users

Topics

Active Users