MogoPro - audio offset

• Hey there,

By using the MogoPro with YouTube, Netflix and Amazon Prime via Chromecast and/or directly from the beamer, there is an annoying audio offset / lag (between 0,5 and 2 seconds) compared to the video. Valid for the Harmon kardon speakers, different Bluetooth speakers and Headphones, also by wires. Pretty sure the external peripherals can be excluded as offset cause.

Are you aware about this issue?
    Is there already a planned fix?
    Any possibility I can fix it for now?
    Is there an offset setup / change option within the MogoPro?

Hope for some positive reply.

Thanks,
    Norbert

BTW, I really like the MogoPro. It's an awesome Beamer and exactly what I was looking for! Highly appreciate your work, effort and support. Thank you

• @Norbert Hi Norbert, good day, thanks for your support.
    Normally, there won't be any delay if you use the built-in apps, and it requires a good wifi signal of course.
    And if you do the video cast, the connections depend on many aspects such as wifi speed, videos sources, distance.... especially when you do multiple connections--HDMI, wireless cast, bluetooth connections at the same time, there might be some delays in all projectors, we have been trying to minimize it. You can try other projecting modes in video setup.

• @Norbert said in MogoPro - audio offset:

Hey there,

By using the MogoPro with YouTube, Netflix and Amazon Prime via Chromecast and/or directly from the beamer, there is an annoying audio offset / lag (between 0,5 and 2 seconds) compared to the video. Valid for the Harmon kardon speakers, different Bluetooth speakers and Headphones, also by wires. Pretty sure the external peripherals can be excluded as offset cause.

Are you aware about this issue?
    Is there already a planned fix?
    Any possibility I can fix it for now?
    Is there an offset setup / change option within the MogoPro?

Hope for some positive reply.

Thanks,
    Norbert

BTW, I really like the MogoPro. It's an awesome Beamer and exactly what I was looking for! Highly appreciate your work, effort and support. Thank you

Norbert - just out of interest, are you using the 4-corner keystone manual correction? (I can't remember what it's actually called in the settings - the second option down.)

If so, I also had slight sound sync issues with that, but switching to the other auto-keystone option sorted it out. You could try that?

• Hi Ari, Jason,

Thanks for your feedback.
    First, unfortunately it's as well by using built in apps (i.e. Amazon prime). So also not only while casting (also was testing with/without Bluetooth, ...). Second, yes I'm using the manual side projection mode. Because the MogoPro is directly next to me (left from my bed). Necessary because of a small flat and the necessary distance to the screen for a bigger picture.

Thanks for the advice, I will try the auto front projection mode for a while.

Hopefully this will fix it, even the fact it would be quite sad to lose the manual side projection function becauseof that.

• @Norbert sure, we are always working on further optimization and try to minimize the reported issues. Please update me then.

• Hi Ari,

After few days of testing... It really looks like the audio offset is caused by the manual side projection.
    Or rather said the offset is fixed by the automatic front projection. Addon: I've recognized that the offset gets worse with more angle of manual side projection (i.e. ~10° angle = 0,5 sec delay / ~40° angle = 1,5 sec delay ... just an experience / feeling, no testing with equipment). And completely fix (with built in apps / no fix at all with cast function) by automatic front projection. Which is quite sad, because I really need manual side projection.

So, shortly:

• cast: offset with side projection and front
    • built in: offset by side projection only

No offset: built in app with front projection

Is there any possibility to talk to your tech team to investigate and probably find any solution to fix it? Any SW update for angle correction? Or maybe add a function to manually change the audio offset?

Long text, I know. But I wanted to give you as much information as possible.

Again, thanks a lot. Besides that I am really happy with your Beamer and I hope that you may be able to fix it.

Greets, Norbert

And I hope you all stay safe and healthy

• @Norbert Hi Nobert, thanks for your feedback.

And it's true that there would be some latency, cause system would need more time to adjust the image, input source, image size. So there is one more steps for the adjustment, but sure we would try to optimize it as much as we can to minimize it. 🙂 Thanks again for your enduring support.

• Hey there.

Did you ever find a fix for this? I bought a Mogo Pro from Amazon but I had a lip synch issue with Amazon Prime that I couldn't resolve and so returned it. I've tried other projectors but none are as bright or as sharp.

I'm keen to get a Mogo Pro but watch a lot of stuff on Prime.

Let me know and thanks for reading,

Jon

• @Shakerag65 Hi,

Good day, thanks for your support.
    We'll release a new firmware before Christmas to optimize the performance of apps such as Prime video, Disney+... please check it then. 🙂

• Hi,

I've done the latest update. I just want it known that it had no effect on improving the audio sync issues with the device. I sincerely hope that the Xgimi team is actually working on a real fix for this issue. I notice it on all apps, so it is not a matter of optimizing the apps, it is a system issue.

Users

Topics

Active Users