HDMI source 5.1 sound problems

• Hello. I got a MogoPro yesterday, and I see there was a post about this in November, and wondered if there is a fix for it yet?

Like the person who posted, if my HDMI input from an Amazon Firestick 4k is set to anything other than "stereo" (such as "best available" or "Dolby Plus") then no sound comes through, only clicks and buzzing.

Setting it to "stereo" provides sound, however the sound is slightly out of sync with the video, which is frustrating to watch.

Any info on this would be appreciated. 🙂

(Also, any update on native Netflix support?)

• @JasonJason Hi Jason, good day.

Yes, we have fixed this HDMI issue in the last firmware update. Please make sure your projector has the latest firmware:
    Mogo-V2.1.53--21st Jan.
    Mogo pro-V2.1.55--21st Jan.
    Halo-V2.1.17--19th Jan.

• @Ari said in HDMI source 5.1 sound problems:

@JasonJason Hi Jason, good day.

Yes, we have fixed this HDMI issue in the last firmware update. Please make sure your projector has the latest firmware:
    Mogo-V2.1.53--21st Jan.
    Mogo pro-V2.1.55--21st Jan.
    Halo-V2.1.17--19th Jan.

Hi there,

Thank you for the response. I will check this out.

Any update on Netflix? 🙂

• @JasonJason Still working on the BD process. But now we've finished the BD process for Amazon prime video, you can get the native app in google play store, no more casting now. 🙂
    Sure we would get Netflix one day with the support from loyal customers like you.
    Stay safe, cheers~

@JasonJason Still working on the BD process. But now we've finished the BD process for Amazon prime video, you can get the native app in google play store, no more casting now. 🙂
    Sure we would get Netflix one day with the support from loyal customers like you.
    Stay safe, cheers~

Thank you for the response, very helpful and appreciated 🙂

I have one final question, if you don't mind? Is there any way to stop Android 9.0 telling apps/devices that it's HDR capable when the projector is not?

Two examples of this; the native Disney Plus app is trying to play an HDR stream (because when you look at a film's start page, it has HDR listed), and my Amazon Firestick 4k is defaulting to the HDR stream for things I'm watching (again, it's showing as supported). This is causing these shows - for instance, Locke and Key on Netflix via the Firestick - to be so dark as to almost be unwatchable (which is a shame, as the projector is nice and bright with SDR content).

Is this something you could pass on to the tech people as something to look into? 🙂

• @JasonJason Yes, but mogo pro does support HDR decode, we've got some feedback about the dark images for HDR videos, and our tech team is checking with Disney+ side. Shall optimize it in the future update, please be patient. 🙂

@JasonJason Yes, but mogo pro does support HDR decode, we've got some feedback about the dark images for HDR videos, and our tech team is checking with Disney+ side. Shall optimize it in the future update, please be patient. 🙂

Thank you! I am happy to be patient, it's nice to know this is a known issue though 🙂

• @JasonJason what about now? 🙂

• Where do I find the latest firmware? I have the same issue but I only find firmwares for the H1, H2 and Z6, not for the Mogo Pro

• @manuelbieh You can check the update in the system: setup-device preference-about-system update. The latest version for Mogo pro is V2.1.55

• @Ari nothing has changed yet - just checking, is there a new system update to download since the initial post was made, as I've not got that showing as available yet if so! 🙂

• @JasonJason Not yet, the new firmware would be released later April, please be patient.

Users

Topics

Active Users