White dots

• After less than 1 year of using Halo, im starts getting white dots in center of screen. Halo is updated..

• @Arvydas Hi, good day, sorry for the late reply.
    Please email me to service@xgimil.com, attaching the related pictures and S/N, I'll check it for you, please don't worry.

• @Arvydas said in White dots:

After less than 1 year of using Halo, im starts getting white dots in center of screen. Halo is updated..

After 13 months, my Halo has a white spot almost in the center of the screen, which I believe is a stick pixel. I tried running a youtube video which helps fix stuck pixels. Now I have dozens of these white dots / stuck pixels in a row at the top and bottom of the display area.

I've already emailed support, and was told it's up to me to pay to ship back and forth to HK from the USA, and to pay for repair. Considering I got this on Black Friday sale 2019, and it's problems started around the week of Christmas 2020, this puts me outside the warranty.

This might be an issue that folks need to be warned about or consider before buying. I am not happy to have a $799 item that I have to replace after just over a year.

• @WareWolf Hi, good day.
    Could you please tell me the S/N? So you've contacted us already?
    Where did you purchase it from, btw?

• @Ari This was purchased at Amazon.com from Xgimi-Direct. Serial # GHXAK112ZXBC

• Just following up. It's been about a month since the issue started, and the white spots are rapidly multiplying. I now have two in the middle of the view, and hundreds around the edges of the display. It almost looks like a constellation.

Since I am out of warranty and have not heard back from support for an estimate, I think I will need to purchase another projector. I am probably going switch to a different manufacturer. I can't afford to drop $700 every year to replace it, nor should anyone need to.

• We continue to get white dots, now again in the middle of the screen. Support has not replied to me in weeks.

Users

Topics

Active Users